


When Lauren came home from the hospital and was still a little bitty thing, I put all her micro-preemie clothes in a special little box. The size of the clothes is about the size of doll clothes and I had hopes that one day she would be like every other little girl and want to dress-up her baby. Although Lauren prefers to take doll clothes off rather than dress them, I thought it would be fun to show her the box on this rainy afternoon. Of course she loved taking everything out of the box! Her favorite items were the hats and diapers. What got me choked up was the little doll she is holding in the picture. Volenteers made these and the purpose of them is for the mother and father to put them in thier shirts to pick up the parents scent. They would then put the cloth doll next to Lauren so she would smell us when we were not there. I can't tell you how often I had a doll down my shirt..trying to do everything we could to help her grow strong. Anyways.. I thought it was neat to watch Lauren play with all her clothes and it really made me realize what a great day it is!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
An everyday moment turned into a special moment
Posted by Stacy at 4:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh peanut! I remember how tiny she was and how special I thought it was that you had a little box of all her keepsakes. I'm pretty sure that will stay special for years to come! (And that you will cry everytime it comes out) =)
What a sweet moment!
I remember the first time you showed that diaper to me, I was in complete awe. I really didnt believe it would ever fit a human until I saw her! We knew she was a miracle from the moment she was born and it's awesome that you can share those memories with her now as your healthy little (almost) 2 year old girl.
What a great keepsake Stacy. Something that will be cherished forever. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment