CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 9, 2007

The bigger the tree the better?

So this year we went to go by a Christmas tree and came home with the biggest one we have ever had. Steve put it up while I cleaned the mess and on Saturday we decorated it. We thought we had a beautiful tree until six this morning when a bang woke up the whole family- Lauren and Chloe included. I went downstairs to see what it was hoping it was not the Christmas tree and there it was laying in the middle of our living room surrounded by broken ornaments and water all over the carpet. I wanted to cry since I didn't get home from work until one in the morning and now I had to deal with this. So Steve and I went to work while the girls were trying to get our attention in their cribs. I thought about taking a picture but I just wanted to get it cleaned up. So now the tree is tied with fishing line to keep it up- very classy. It doesn't look as bad as it sounds and I recommend it to anyone with a real tree! My wonderful husband let me go back to bed and I slept until 10!! There was also a McDonald's coke and biscuit waiting for me. So the morning wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be(:

5 comments:

Krista said...

Oh girl I can sympathize with you on this one. We had this happen many years ago and did the same thing (although it was our cat that made it tip). Bummer! But what a great husband for getting you some breakfast!

Bradi said...

Your husband is the bomb.
Sorry about the tree. =(

Sara said...

Funny story.
Mark told Zach that your tree had fallen down, his response..."why would Lauren pull their tree down?" No joke. Can't imagine where he would get such an idea? He couldn't quite grasp that it had fallen down by itself. I'm sure its a beauty to see!

Kudos to Steve for the McD's coke, he knows how to treat his woman right!! Nice job Wiegs, you put the rest of our men to shame.

Janine said...

Oh Stace!! Reminds me of a scene from the National Lampoons Christmas vacation!(-:

Great News said...

believe me girls, it was quite a mess!