CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The first set of stitches


Today was quite a day. We stopped at the store to try and buy a gift and every time I wonder why I even attempt to actually shop with the girls. They were fine for about 10 mins and then both girls wanted out of the stroller and Chloe was having a fit(most of you have seen this.) So I let Lauren walk next to the stroller and I held Chloe. She was wiggling to get free so I let her down..mistake #2! Chloe darts off around the corner and Lauren looks like she is going to run the other way, so I am trying to grab Lauren and in the meantime Chloe is running in the clothes racks and I can't see her. Now panic sets in because I am calling her name and she is not answering. I am now running all around, and dragging Lauren behind me. Meanwhile she slips and hits her head on a toy shelf and cries a bit, but I pick her up and off we went to find Chloe. She stopped crying right away. Finally I see a lady bent down talking and I knew it was Chloe. Now that the whole store is involved I was quite embarrassed. This was my first time actually needing help to find my child. Meanwhile I have my sunglasses on the whole time since Chloe gave me a huge black eye last night by hitting me with a book. Finally I get out of the store and promise myself I will never let them out of the stroller again. I lift my sunglasses up and notice that I have blood all over my arm. Then I look and Lauren's head and her hair if wet with blood. Panic sets in again and I can't get a good look at it since there is blood everywhere. My doctors office is right there so I decided to go there first to see what I should do. Needless to say, We looked like quite a mess. Blood all over us and my black eye! The bleeding stopped pretty quickly so thankfully I knew it wasn't going to be that bad. The doctor said she would either need a stitch or staple but we would have to go to the med center or ER for that. So they wrapped her head in a bandage which all the nurses had fun with. Lauren was loving all the attention and they were bringing her around showing everyone how cute she looked in the bandage. Next was the fun part. I thought she would have a fit when they stitched it. They first numbed it with a little cocktail and said they were going to try and stitch it without numbing it with a needle. This made me a bit nervous! But the doctor started stitching and she just sat on my lap. Not a tear shed and she talked about her upcoming vacation the whole time. Three stitches later I think she loved the whole experience? Mom on the other hand needs a nap. I guess she wanted to be like her friend Sid who just had a similar experience:)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Stacy, I just don't even know what to say! My oh my did you have a rough day! You need to check into a spa for a day...that's the only treatment I can think of for you!

Great News said...

Oh Stac - I feel for you. How did the black eye happen? Sounds a little fishy.

Sara said...

one guess... does your "former lover" commenter's name start with an 'R'? I have my suspicisions, don't you, Stace? However I won't call him out over the blog, he only wishes he were a former lover!!

Bradi said...

Stace, that's an even better story then mine! No pain-reliever and 3 stiches? That girl is invicible!! Syd's staple came out this morning and she screamed bloody-murder...such drama!