
We had quite the eventful afternoon..It was Chloe's first time to the E.R. because she swallowed a penny! Talk about a scary moment. The girls were in the Laundry room(quietly playing-never good). I went to go check out what they were doing and they got my purse and each one had a coin in their mouth which of course is a game for Chloe since she knows I will do anything to get stuff out of her mouth. So Chloe takes off running and laughing. I catch her in the Living room and grab her cheeks but she then swings her head back which I knew right away that was not a good thing. She looks at me with panic and I put my hand in her mouth and started swiping and I felt the penny way down there! I was freaked..I have never had anything like this happen. I picked her up and started smacking her back out of panic. She finally started crying and I was shaking like a leaf. The doctor said it is best to go to the emergency room to make sure it is not stuck somewhere. That was quite an adventure as both girls wanted to touch every disgusting thing in the ER. It didn't help that the ER nurse said "Who let her play with pennies?" I wanted to say "What its bad to give yor kids coins? I wish I would have known this earlier!:)" Chloe held pretty still for the x-ray and we were relieved to find out that it was in her stomach/small intestine and lucky for me I have to be on a search for it every diaper change :) If we don't see it in a few days it is back for more x-rays. I will keep you posted..but I will spare the pictures:) I now have to hunt the house for all choaking hazards! As for Lauren and her sleeping she did fall a sleep and did not attempt to leave her room again. She also fell fast asleep for her nap.. so we will see:)
Chloe found a new game of playing with her hospital band
Friday, June 6, 2008
Our Little Piggy Bank
Posted by Stacy at 1:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, you totally should have said that to the nurse, Stacy. I mean, seriously, as if you don't feel bad enough already. We've had more than our fair share of close calls with things in the mouth -- even coins. I almost had to Heimlich Elsie a couple of months ago when the little neighbor girl gave her a tortilla chip and I could hear her choking/gasping for air from the other room. Anyway, have fun hunting in the poop! (And don't worry, they pretty much always pass out just fine :)
One penny? one cent
ER Visit? $50 copay
Finding a penny in a poopy diaper? priceless
I would have freaked out if I were you! I am not good in crisis situations. Thank goodness she's okay and good luck going through the poop - yummy.
Post a Comment